In this post he really hits some nails on the head. What the WOT is becoming is another euphemism, akin to the War on Poverty and the War on Drugs. Until this nation shows it is taking this “war” seriously, it will have many problems, and will lose support, as it does even today. Wars are not euphemisms.
To sum up his points:
What Is Wrong With The Global ‘What The Hell?’ On Terror?
- The war is being paid lip-service.
- Action is not being taken to win the war.
- Unnecessarily expending the lives of good fighting men.
- Needless social trauma that can and should be avoided.
- Cowardly failure to identify the enemies clearly and comprehensively and stick to that definition.
- A concerted effort to prolong the war by the military-industrial complex.
- Weak governments let international opinion dictate action instead of their security needs.
- Sovereignty of nations is being weakened.
- Values are being compromised to secure aid from dubious governments we should be at war with.
- We allow inept and cowardly generals and politicians to continue breeding.
- We are not holding our leaders accountable.
- None of our leaders are truly worth following.
It is long past time to either fight this damn war the way it needs to be, or call it quits. The longer it continues, the more we are sowing the seeds of future wars.
That is, however, just what the military-industrial complex wants.
I would add securing our borders as another thing that is wrong with the “WOT”